Teaching Assistant (SEN/General)
Are you a Teaching Assistant who is calm, patient and loves a challenge?
At Bourn Primary Academy, we firmly believe that with the right support we are all capable of achieving great things. We are committed to supporting our staff in developing their knowledge and skills so they in turn are able to provide our children with the best education possible.
We are looking for a Teaching Assistant with experience of working with children with special educational needs to join our friendly, happy school.
We can offer:
- A genuine commitment to a healthy and sustainable work life balance
- Regular, high quality professional development
- A friendly and supportive team of teachers, teaching assistants, support staff and senior leaders
- Children who are polite, friendly and keen to learn
- A pro-active governing body
We are looking for a Teaching Assistant who:
- enjoys working 1-1 with children with additional needs, particularly those with ADHD /ASD
- is calm, sensitive and understanding
- has an optimistic, creative, problem solving approach
- has an ability to build effective working relationships with pupils and adults - is committed to getting the best outcomes for all pupils and promoting the ethos and values of the school
Bourn Primary Academy is a one form entry Church of England School in a lovely rural setting. The children are lovely, the staff are friendly and the parents are supportive. Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged – to arrange a visit please contact Debs Paul, School Administrator, by phoning 01954 719282 or emailing email@example.com
Bourn Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Please note that checks, including online searches, will be carried out to verify the contents of your application form.
Full Time 26.25 hours per week, term time only / Part time hours to be discussed. In addition to this, the successful applicant will be required to fulfil a contract for 5 hours per week as a Midday Supervisor (term time only).
Salary scale will be at Level 2, Point 5-6 (£23500 - £23893 FTE, pro-rata) and for the Midday Supervisor post Level 1a, Point 2-3 (£22366 - £22737 FTE, pro rata).
Please click here for the application form. Please submit a covering letter with your application form, outlining why you would like to be considered. Please click here for Job and Person Specification
Closing date: Midday 3rd January 2024