Staying Safe Online
There are some really interesting things on the Internet but not everything is useful and safe. This means we have to be SMART when we are online. See if you can remember
these Safety Tips.
- SAFE – Staying safe involves being careful and not giving out your name, address, mobile phone no., school name or password to people online.
- MEETING someone you have contacted in cyberspace can be dangerous, they may not be telling the truth about who they are. Do not arrange to meet anyone you have met online.
- ACCEPTING e-mails or opening files from people you don’t know or trust can get you into trouble – they may contain viruses or nasty messages.
- RIGHT – Some information you find on the Internet may not be correct.
- TELL your teacher if someone or something makes you feel uncomfortable or worried.
We use the class pages on our website and ‘Sumdog‘ to provide online learning opportunities (usernames and passwords are given out at school). Kidsmart has a lot of information about being a Smart Surfer.