Music is a very important part of our school life. So many of you are talented musicians, singers and composers that we wanted to make sure you’re able to access some fun musical activities whilst we’re away from school. Check here weekly for challenges, quizzes and fun tasks to keep you busy! See below for some fun musical activities for you to enjoy over half term.
✨ 🎵 ✨
…POP…PUNK…GARAGE…FUNK…HEAVY METAL…JAZZ…SOUL…ROCK…COUNTRY….BLUES….HIP HOP…FOLK…CLASSICAL…REGGAE…HOUSE…MUSICAL…OPERA…RAP…GRUNGE…INDIE…
🎶🎧 LISTEN AND DESCRIBE ✏️🎨
Even though different styles of music might have similar origins or use similar influences they generally deliver a different sound and experience which is why we have our favourites and those that we perhaps don’t like so much. Sometimes styles come and go across the years but many stay as solid every day ones we come across regularly when listening to the radio or other music channels or even watching films and television. Listening to a wide variety of music is important to understand what is out there and what we might enjoy listening to as we go about our lives. Different styles make us think and feel differently just like we might dance to them in a different way, or not dance at all!
Listen to the music suggested below and either:
1) Describe it in detail:
- The title of the piece
- The composer
- The performer/performers
- The instruments played – main ones and supporting ones
- Describe the sounds, style and mood of the music
- Describe the feelings it made you have
- Give it a rating between 1 and 10 … 1 = you disliked it, and 10 = you thought it was brilliant !
2) Draw or paint a picture based on the pictures the music made you have in your head, or how it made you feel, as you listened to it. Make sure you write the title of the piece and the composer on the back of the picture.
Send your description or picture to Mrs Culley (firstname.lastname@example.org).